Saturday, July 24, 2010

Commissioning and Goodbyes

Last Sunday was a special day. I had the privilege of being commissioned at my home church. Not only was I surrounded by people who have loved me and our family for years but I was blessed to have my uncle and cousin from KY there along with two friends from out of state. What a treat! Jesus is very good to me. So many of you have prayed, encouraged and supported me to get me to this moment and to this place and I am thankful. While I am not one that enjoys the attention I am thankful for these moments of commissioning and even of the formality. These moments of ceremony are like the altars that the Israelites were told to build. They give us a point in time that we can look back and testify to God’s goodness and to His faithfulness in our lives. They also can help serve as a reminder of what He has called us to do. So I was thankful for the opportunity to testify to what God has done for me and what I long for Him to do in the coming year. And I was truly humbled to be surrounded by the prayers of so many. What a comfort that is as I leave the familiar for the unknown.

This week has been full of goodbyes. A dear friend hosted a small get together at her house and it was a sweet time to connect with some friends before leaving. The rest of the week has been full of shopping, sorting, packing and weighing. Trying to pack for a year and get my things in as few bags as possible and remain under the 50lb weight limit has proven to be tricky. But while these days of transition are never easy, I have felt loved and prayed for and I have sensed the peace of Jesus as I walk these days. Thank you to each one of you for your part in this new adventure. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Praying for you and these days. Praying for the goodbyes and the packing. We love you so much...and can't wait til we can see you face to face!

    Jolayneee

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful the day and how bright the future walking hand in hand with King Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear you arrived, and that God has provided a place so close to the school. He IS good! He loves to surprise us along the way with blessings!

    Re: Your Dad's sermon...I was, in my mind's eye, picturing myself on the that same precipice, and was thinking, "well, sure, I'll jump...I can do it feet first...just then He told us we had to go HEAD first..ah...THEN I was challenged!

    ReplyDelete