Sunday, May 6, 2018

Prayer

One of my favorite childhood memories is reading with my Dad. With two younger sisters, I was often my Dad’s side-kick while Mom cared for my sisters. And if you know my Dad at all you are not surprised that time with Dad included books! He not only taught me how to read but instilled in me a love of books. English books were not easy to come by in France 30 some years ago yet we managed to work our way through many of the classics and many others. I cried when Bambi’s mother was killed and enjoyed the sweet story of Pollyanna and Heidi among many others. I remember Dad buying me an English children’s version of Pilgrim's Progress (not an easy feat in the days before Amazon) and reading it to me as I poured over the pictures that captured my imagination. (I brought this book with me to BFA and have read it to my students).
One series of books though stood out above the others, The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. My Dad’s love for them was contagious! Rarely do I read a book more than once, however I am currently on my fifth time through
The Magician's Nephew in the same number of years. I read it to my students each year. Lewis’ description of creation ties in beautifully when I teach on Genesis 1-2. My hope is to make a familiar story come to life in a new way through Lewis’ words.
If asked I will tell you that my favorite book in the series is whichever one I am currently reading. However, I will say that
The Magician's Nephew is particularly great for reading to a class. And each year I am amazed at how students with short attention spans and boundless energy sit quietly and listen to every word. Every year I am amazed, encouraged and challenged by the simple story of Narnia’s beginnings.

This week I read one of my favorite scenes (although I have several). Digory, a boy desperate to find a cure for his dying mother, overcomes his fears and approaches Aslan to ask for a miracle. After asking, he finally works up the courage to look Aslan in the eyes and to his surprise sees tears, larger than his own, in the lion’s eyes! Later, while traveling, a conversation happens that reveals that though Aslan does know everything, they get the distinct impression that He likes to be asked anyway.
These are some of the characteristics of God that I love most. He is approachable, He weeps with us and He longs to hear from us. Jesus already knows the praises and the burdens that are on my heart and those that are on yours. But this story reminds me that He loves to hear from us!

On that note, can I share a few praises and requests?
Praises:
*The beauty of Spring in the Black Forest
*The Lord's provision of a subletter for my apartment next year while I am in the States
*I turned in my application to CIU online for the fall semester - I need 9-12 credit hours to renew my certification with ACSI
*My students who challenge and encourage me
*In this season of transition, I am thankful for the Lord’s steadfastness
Requests:
*For all the details involved in returning to the States for the year
*For wisdom as I wrap up all four of my classes and turn things over for the year.
*Grace for all the goodbyes that are ahead (some goodbyes are only for a year but others are more permanent)
*For those raising funds to come join BFA in the fall and for the positions that have yet to be filled (http://bfacademy.com/staff/)
*For BFA as we say goodbye to our Head of School and welcome in a new one (http://bfacademy.com/head/)

Thank you all for your prayers! As a staff we are very aware of the large number of people that enable us to serve the students and their families here at BFA. We are also humbled by the large number of people who carry BFA and its staff, students and families in prayer. Thank you! We know the Lord hears those prayers and we see the fruit of those prayers!
**Photo of Digory and Aslan from https://www.sutori.com/story/the-magician-s-nephew-bcfd

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    Your Name:...............
    Your Country:...............
    Your Occupation:...............
    Loan Amount Needed:...............
    Loan Duration...............
    Monthly Income:...............
    Your Telephone Number:.....................
    Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete