Monday, March 2, 2015

Catching up

Life is full! I know this is true for each one of you.  For whatever reason the transition back from Christmas in the States to life at BFA was harder than normal. The jet lag hit harder than usual and there seem to be more demands, activities, etc than I remember for this time of year.  But through it all the Lord has been faithful!

Here is a brief recap of some of the events of the last two months:
  • Christmas with my family. We were blessed to spend five days as a whole family! What a gift!

 
  • Shortly after school started back we had a TEAM Germany retreat.  It was refreshing to be together (it only happens once a year) and to hear how God is moving not just at BFA but around Germany! 

 
  • The first weekend in Feb. I was able to attend a conference for International Schools throughout Germany with four other colleagues. I still feel quite new to the teaching profession and am always thankful for any opportunity to learn.
  • Mid-February brought a lot of sickness to our school. Somehow I was able to escape it but over one third of our student body did not. One day I only had one student in French B. What does one do with just one student in French class? Take a picture to record the event and watch Ratatouille of course :) 
  • Over Valentine’s Day weekend I traveled to a small town on Lake Constance to visit a Bible school there and most importantly Abi, a long time family friend who attends there.  What a joy it was to see a school that I have heard much about and to have the privilege of having Abi show me some of her favorite places.

 
  • For the start of Lent, we challenged our students and staff to accept one of three challenges : The Word Challenge (daily Bible reading plan); The World Challenge (praying for a different country of the world each day)’ the Gratitude Challenge (keeping a daily journal of His gifts to us).  Will you pray with us that the Lord will meet each student and staff member that chose to participate?  Will you pray that the Lord will prepare our hearts for Good Friday and Easter?

 
  • On Friday as the high schoolers left for high school retreat the middle school had an activity day.  This year it involved bowling.  Even though I came in second to last I still enjoyed playing and spending time with students outside of the classroom.


I am thankful to the Lord for His many blessings in my life!

Anna
Want to join the Middle School Challenge and pray for the world every day? 
Download the Voice of the Martyrs Prayer Calendar app for free to your phone OR check out http://prayercast.com


No comments:

Post a Comment