Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Late Thanksgiving!


Sunrise from our apartment window - Beautiful!

I know I am late but I couldn’t let Thanksgiving week pass without sharing some of the many things I am thankful for this year.  This Thanksgiving was different in many ways.  While I have been away from my family on Thanksgiving before – it has not been since I was a kid in France that Thanksgiving has been a normal working day.  It is a strange feeling.  Nevertheless I am thankful to be in Germany this Thanksgiving.  Something that I found hard to imagine this time last year.

-          I am thankful for the chance to celebrate Thanksgiving with some other teachers on Thanksgiving evening.  And then again yesterday evening.
-          I am thankful for the beautiful snow and the winter wonderland that we woke up to the day after Thanksgiving.
-          I am thankful for the country of Germany and all of its beauty
-          I am thankful for BFA and for the privilege of working here
-          I am thankful for the new friends that Jesus has brought into my life and some old friends that I have enjoyed living around the corner from. 
-          I am thankful for my roommates and our beautiful apartment right in the middle of Kandern
-          I am thankful for fellow teachers who are helping me in this new venture
Field Trip to Colmar, France with my French 2 class
-          I am thankful for my students
-          I am thankful for the chance to serve these students and their families
-          I am thankful for the opportunity to learn so much in the last few months
-          I am thankful for long hours and a demanding schedule that force me to depend on Jesus not just day to day but moment to moment
-          I am thankful for amazing friends and supporters who make it not only possible for me to be here but whose prayers and love I sense as I have stepped into this new role and phase of life.
-          I am thankful for a Savior that loves me unconditionally and never wearies of my daily petitions for his help and strength
-          I am thankful for a God who loves me so much that He was willing to send His son so that I might know the joy that comes from living in fellowship with Him and loving Him whole-heartedly.

With a thankful heart,

Anna

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog updates! And what amazing pictures! What a wonderful blessing and so thankful you can find so much to treasure this holiday season! Think of you often and praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love getting these updates. Keep them coming. Keep growing and loving MK's !

    ReplyDelete